Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sewing Class: Make Your Own Bias Tape

In an upcoming project we will be using bias tape. Before we get to that project I thought this might be a great time to talk about making our own bias tape. I am a perfectionist and must have perfectly matching colors at all times (yes, I know, it's a problem) so sometimes the pre-packaged bias tape just doesn't cut it for me. Besides, if you make your own your options
are limitless.
Just what is bias tape, you ask? Bias tape is fabric cut at a 45 degree angle and folded in a way that leaves no raw edges showing. Because it is cut on the bias it has some stretch to it. Bias tape is one of the most common notions in the sewing world. It's really not that hard to make so let's
give it a try.





















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. It was helpful. I dont have a bias tool as yet so this was perfect simply because I wanted to finish my project without having to wait for bias tape to come in the mail.

    ReplyDelete