Monday, April 1, 2013

The Perfect Princess Purse


I have four daughters, and even if my oldest will have nothing to do with anything "girly", we can never have too many purses. This adorable little purse took no time at all to make. I cannot take credit for the idea. I forget where I first saw the idea but when I went searching recently I could not find any directions for it. Here is how I made it.


Supplies:
2 pieces of fabric, 11"x 7"
2 circle bracelets

 You should have 2 pieces like this. Turn them over so that they are facing right sides together.

Now make a mark 3 inches down from the top on both short sides.

 Stitch about 1/2" from the edge, from one mark, all the way around to the other mark. Make sure to backstitch really well at the beginning and the end. This part will see a lot of wear.

You should have this. (Look really closely. I know it's hard to see.)

Turn your purse inside out and press the top edges over about an inch. You can press the raw edge under again about a 1/4".

Take your bracelets and fold one edge over one bracelet and hand stitch.

Here is the method of stitching that I used. I wanted those straight lines on the front. You can use whatever you want. Whatever holds it down will work.

Sewing around the bracelet can be a little tedious. I found it helped to hold it like this for the stitching.

Sew all the way to the end and tie a knot. Repeat for the other side and you are done!

See! What little girl wouldn't love this? It can even be worn on the wrist or arm like a bracelet.




No comments:

Post a Comment