Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Pattern-Free Summer: Homemade Pull-Ups

The twins are around that all-fun potty training age. Little Bits has no desire whatsoever to even try. Miss Mommy, on the other hand, pretty much self potty trained herself before she was two. I went to the store and was appalled by the price of pull-ups. (I'm sure we have all been at one time or another.) And like every other crafter, I said to myself, "I can make that!" So I did. I bought PUL (waterproof) fabric and used old t-shirts to make a few pairs. They work great! I used 2 layers of fleece inside of the lining to absorb. I found a free pattern and tutorial for undies here: Easy-On Potty Training Pants. I found this pattern to be a little small for my girls so I altered it a bit to make them bigger.




I found this adorable butterfly PUL at Hobby Lobby and used my coupon, making my 1/2 yard only $4. I used old t-shirts that I had laying around but you could pick up some thrifted ones for cheap. I think that I estimated that I could get 10 pairs out of the 1/2 yard of PUL. So, including the elastic for the waistband, I will have spent less than $10 for 10 pair of reusable homemade pull-ups. Not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment